Monday, February 05, 2007

A Virtuous Baha'i...









A Baha'i, shipwrecked on a deserted island with two compatriots, finds a magic lamp and runs to share it with his new friends. The Baha'i, a kindly and simple young man, rubs the old oil lamp. Poof, a genie appears! The Baha'i asks the smiling genie if he can have three wishes.

The genie replies "I'm sorry, but the rules say I can only grant one wish to each of you."

"OK," says the first friend, I wish for three full treasure chests in my new castle in Aruba!" and poof!, he is gone.

The second friend, a farmer, wishes to return to his family estate, enlarged three times with the richest, most fertile soil in the world, and poof! He is gone.

The Baha'i thinks for a bit, then says, "I'm not sure... I'm really not motivated by material things, so I'd just like to have my two friends back."

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

This one made me laugh out loud, though I'm not sure his wish was the most virtuous he could have had.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home